Last week I went to an Aqualabel products testing party organised by the lovely Shirleen from Women Love Beauty. Shirleen entered a contest from Aqualabel and this party was part of the competition process. Hopefully she will win the trip to Japan! She did a very good job at explaining the benefits of using Aqaulabel whitening products from Shiseido. I will share the highlights with you here.
What is Aqualabel?
Aqualabel is a skincare range from Shiseido that has been succesful in countries like Japan for many years, but that has just been introduced to the Singapore market. The line has a very good price point and will be sold at Watson’s.
Aqualabel’s whitening range
The whitening range aims to provide the skin with a complete skincare program while at the same time lightening the skin. Ingredients of the whitening line include:
- M-transexamic acid
- Saxfrage extract and pang extract
- Aqua synergy moist aqua keeping base
Complete skincare program in 10 steps
At the party we applied 10 different products which comprises the w
hite range’s whole skincare system.
- Deep oil cleansing: used to clean the skin
- White clear cleansing foam: cleans the skin further and removes the oil used in step 1
- White up lotion: to soften the skin
- Bright white ex essence: this is a serum that provides nutrients to the skin that will go deeper into the skin’s inner layer
- Masque: for brightening and softening of the skin
- White up emulsion: to moisturize the skin
- Aqua enhancer WT: to supercharge the skin and let it take full advantage of all ingredients from the previous products
- White protect milk UV: sunscreen to protect the skin from uva and uvb
- White up base: a make base, to be used before applying your makeup. This helps your makeup stay on for longer.
- White liquid foundation: to provide your skin with even tone.
My take on the products
Although I liked the oil cleanser, I was not that keen on the cleansing foam. I have a bit of an issue with any cleanser that feels a bit like soap as it always slightly irritates my skin. The white up lotion and then the serum felt very comfortable. The masque is basically a piece of cloth that you can “glue” to your face after which you leave it on for 5 minutes. As with some of the other products my skin is too sensitive and the skin felt slightly irritated afterward, but also very soft and clean.
I was amazed at how many layers of cream we had to put on to complete the whole process. So after the masque came the moisturizer, enhancer, sunscreen, make-up bases and foundation. Wow. I wonder can the skin really deal with all those different products and ingredients?
I always wonder whether cheaper skincare products can be just as good for the skin as more expensive ones, which is why I was keen to try this range. Even though my skin felt soft and smooth, unfortunately the slight irritation remained. I think that this can be a good product range for people with less sensitive skin though.
All the best,