We all know that a beautiful smile can open a million doors! However, we are not all blessed with beautiful teeth and a beautiful smile. Here is where a cosmetic dentist can help.
What is a cosmetic dentist?
Contrary to a traditional dentist who mainly focuses on oral hygiene and the treatment of oral disease, a cosmetic dentist’s main focus is to improve your smile, mouth and teeth. Cosmetic dentistry is usually a voluntary treatment with the sole purpose of improving your facial appearance.
Cosmetic dentists still perform traditional procedures like dental fillings though but they will aim to do this in the visually most pleasing way. There are porcelain or composite materials available that will be matched to the colour of your teeth in order to make dental filling almost invisible. You can elect to have your old fillings replaced by these newer, more pleasing, materials.
Which cosmetic dental services are available?
- Inlays / Onlays: These fillings, sometimes referred to as indirect fillings, are made from porcelain or composite materials and provide a long-lasting way for “filling” to teeth with tooth decay or similar structural damage. The main difference with normal dental filling is that onlays are not put into place during your visit but rather in a dental laboratory. They will then be fitted and put into place by your dentist on your next visit.
- Teeth Whitening: This is now a very common and popular procedure. Your cosmetic dentist can clean and bleach your teeth which may greatly improve your smile.
- Dental Veneers: These are used to repair chips and cracks of your teeth or improve severe tooth dislocation. They can also be recommended if tooth whitening is not possible on your teeth or if you have large gaps. They are usually made from composite or porcelain laminates that are attached to the surface of a tooth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are used to replace lost teeth. The cosmetic dentist will place artificial tooth root replacements into your mouth which will blend in naturally with your other teeth. Tooth loss can really make your face look older so dental implants will lead to an immediate facial improvement.
- Composite Bonding: This is a cosmetic dental procedure that is used to fix decayed or discoloured teeth or teeth that are broken or chipped. The treatment consists of applying composite materials that have the same appearance as enamel into the affected area of the tooth. The composite is then sculpted into shape and hardened with high-intensity light.
- Smile Makeover: If you are unhappy with the general appearance of your smile, your cosmetic dentist can do a complete smile makeover. Often this will be a combination of some of the above procedures to achieve the desired look.
- Full reconstruction of the mouth: this is the most drastic of procedures which may be necessary to give you your desired smile. Structural problems like a over or underbite or problems with your muscles or bone structure may need to be restored. You may be referred to a dental surgeon.
Some of the best cosmetic dentists in Singapore
Smilefocus has several offices in Singapore. Services offered include: whitening, veneers, tooth bonding, white fillings, inlays, and full mouth restoration
IOSC implant and oral surgery center Singapore. Cosmetic dental services include: braces, composite bonding, crowns and bridge, inlays and onlays, veneers and teeth whitening.
Specialist Dental Group Singapore. Services include: veneers, teeth whitening and composite bonding.
T32 Dental Center Singapore. Cosmetic dental services include: teeth whitening, composite restorations, veneers, and inlays / outlays.
Improving your smile can be one of the easiest ways to give you a more youthful and confident appearance. With all the options available it’s certainly something you should give a try. Do let us know where you have been and your experience with the various cosmetic dentists in Singapore. You can write any comments or a review of a cosmetic dentist below.